folge uns auf facebook 

Info about 1.2 75ps

Gerüchte, Fragen und Ideen rund um den Modus

Keine Stimmen

Insgesamt abgegebene Stimmen: 0

ri16405

Info about 1.2 75ps

Beitrag von ri16405 »

Hi, I beg you pardon for the language and if the theme is old, but I'm Italian, I don't speak German and this is the first and only forum about Modus I've ever found. If this is the right forum I'd ask you some suggestions.
I'm interested in a Modus Saint Tropez 1.2, in Italy this configuration means that the car has radiocd, manual clima, all airbags, no fog lights and no ESP, but I'd like to have them. I've tried the car in city streets, and it seems to be good, my questions are about highways and extra-city ways; is the engine 1.2 75ps good for everyday use, in particular fol long trips (long trips I mean 400km)? How many RPMs are there at 100km/h (this question is about the noise)? How much petrol does the car drink in each condition, city, highway, extra city? In Italy the engine 1.2 75ps has only tyres 165/65 -15, is it the same in Germany?
Consider that the Modus I'd like is a 1.2 75ps Saint tropez, it has ABS, Klima, radiocd, adjustable driver seat, 6 airbags, Triptic rear seats, ice white painted, bumpers and external mirrors painted, and I'd buy also fog lights, curve lights, ESP and MP3 radiocd; the final price is 13000€, would it be the same also in Germany?

Thank you for kindness.

Federico

Lu59

Beitrag von Lu59 »

Good Morning,

I think 75PS are too few for the size of the car :?:

Greets
Lu

ri16405

Beitrag von ri16405 »

Lu59 hat geschrieben:Good Morning,

I think 75PS are too few for the size of the car :?:

Greets
Lu

Yes, I think so, but the 1.4 16v with 98ps costs 2000€ more than the 1.2, wiht same accesories. I would use the car about 80% inside my city, taxes and insurance costs are higher for 1.4, I 'd like petrol engines because in italian cities diesel engines will be stopped because pollution.

Greets and thanks

Blue dream
Forums-Dauerfahrer
Forums-Dauerfahrer
Modell: Cite
Motorisierung: 1,6 l 16 V 88 P
Kurzbeschreibung: Velofix, Sitzheizung, spektralblau-metallic

Beitrag von Blue dream »

Buongiorno Federico, :wink:

welcome here on this board! Where do you live in Italy? During our last holidays in Italy near Perugia we've seen many Modus, but most of them were "dci" (gasolio). I've tested the 75 PS-Modus and I think if you principally will drive in bigger it. cities like Pisa, Siena and Florenz it's enough, also for driving 130 kmh on autostrada. About the noise? You must test it on the road, it's not objective! Longer trips are no problem for a Modus, some people from the Forum have done a trip to France and Swiss with their cars. The PS are no question for the distance, but for speeding up and use of petrol. In my German brochure the tyres are 165/65-15 too. The price for the same Modus you are interested ist in Germany ca. 13000 Euro too.

I hope I could help you and you have unterstood my English - scusi! Ciao Federico e many greetings from Blue dream

Lu59

Beitrag von Lu59 »

In Germany there is a 85PS.
That is sufficient.

ri16405

Beitrag von ri16405 »

Hi, or Ciao!
I'm from Bologna, but this summer I was in Perugia too!! You were lucky to see a lot of Modus, in Italy this model is all but a bestseller, in Bologna it's hard to see more than a Modus for a day running or parked.
You're right, in Italy a lot of cars are sold with diesel engines, 'cause people think they are less expensive than petrol ones. Few people knows that diesel engines are less expensive only if you run more than 15000km each year, now less than 15000 because diesel costs a lot (more than 1.10 €per liter).
Also a lot of Modus are diesel, I don't know if they are 65 ps or 80ps, the problem in Italy is that diesel emits a lot of thin dust, and during winter our majors close big cities for diesel cars. If you have a diesel car, in some days you cannot use your car, even if the engine is marked euro4.
Anyway, than you all for your suggestions. Did german press test the Modus with this engine? in Italy only the dci 82ps and the 1.4 have been tested...

Bye
F

Blue dream
Forums-Dauerfahrer
Forums-Dauerfahrer
Modell: Cite
Motorisierung: 1,6 l 16 V 88 P
Kurzbeschreibung: Velofix, Sitzheizung, spektralblau-metallic

Beitrag von Blue dream »

Ciao Federico,

in this Forum exist a thread "English forum" (International Area). Perhaps you will find the informations you are looking for there.

:wink: Blue dream

maverick21

Beitrag von maverick21 »

Hi
In my opinion the 1.2 will be okay for you. If you really drive in cities most of the time, the engine is absolutly strong enough. Just for longer runs on a highway the machine hasn't got enough torque, in my point of view. But all in all the ride is really comfy and when it comes down to money the 1.2 16V is a good buy.

Jonni

Beitrag von Jonni »

Hi Federico!

The Modus of my wife is a 75hp-model with a manual a/c. The engine is okay for city-use. On the speedlimited highways in Italy you will get no problem with the car, but it is not funny to use the Modus on the german "Autobahn" (a lot of drivers think, they are Michael Schumacher). Please order the ESP, then you will get a 4-disk break.

CU
Jonni

Annette
Forums-Dauerfahrer
Forums-Dauerfahrer
Danksagung erhalten: 1 Mal
Beitrag von Annette »

Hi frederico,

have you seen the
- How to read the german posts in english?

Most newspaper tests here in Germany are about the dci-engines. When they say something about the 75 hp engine, than mostly that it's not a very powerful engine.

Which is your actual car and how much hp has it? Perhaps we could compare them.

For one a 75 hp Modus is a good and fast enough car because he drove a 50 hp Polo before and somebody else thinks that you could run beside it because he is used to a 150 PS Sport-Clio before.....

The very best is to go to a dealer and drive every engine you perhaps want to buy.... The 1.4 is not available here in germany, we have a 1.6 with 88 hp instead here.

Greetings from Cologne

Annette

P.S. We have an international section for english entries and when we finished this discussion I will transfer it to this section to bundle all modus-informations in english ;)

ri16405

Beitrag von ri16405 »

Thank you all for your suggestions. just in this moment I've discovered the english section, but I'm looking for data and driver's impressions about the model. Annette you're right, Google translations are a little funny, and in some cases not very comprensible!
Anyway, at this moment I've not a car, I'm using my father's car (an Opel Agila1.2) and Bologna's Car Sharing, (Smart cdi, Punto 1.2 16v and Rover 214 si).
I'm not worried about the power of a 1.2 Modus, my girlfriend had a crash with her scooter and now she's very frightened in high speeds; I'm "worried" about the noise in autobahn; in your opinion is Modus less noisy than Agila? Is it Noisy as Punto (Punto at 130 km/h is very good, Agila is decent), less or more? I would never consider a Modus if the noise were comparable to the Rover 214....

Bye

Annette
Forums-Dauerfahrer
Forums-Dauerfahrer
Danksagung erhalten: 1 Mal
Beitrag von Annette »

Hm.... I can't compare the noise to the other cars... I have the 1.2 16V 75 hp engine in my twingo. If you drive on the motorway with 130 km/h, you could hear it.... but the Modus is more insulated than the Twingo....

ri16405

Beitrag von ri16405 »

Annette hat geschrieben:Hm.... I can't compare the noise to the other cars... I have the 1.2 16V 75 hp engine in my twingo. If you drive on the motorway with 130 km/h, you could hear it.... but the Modus is more insulated than the Twingo....

....and I've never tested a 1.2 16v Twingo or a Clio with the same engine. Ach!

I don't know, I'm very interested also in a dci 86ps and in a 1.4 16v 98ps Modus, but they cost over 2000€ more than the 1.2, and diesel engines are disadvantaged for pollution... It's hard to decide.

Thanks

Mausmaus

Beitrag von Mausmaus »

the modus has a very good isolation against noises - it's better than in an agila or punto for sure. please contact a renault dealer for a testdrive - in austria you can do this online and ask for a call. so you don't have to visit each dealer by yourself. you can also call and ask if they have a 75hp model - maybe they have this engine in a new clio for a testdrive - so you can hear the noise.

good luck!
mausmaus

Antworten